Monday 9 May 2011

Derby, UK: Embarassing my hosts at the Zoo

In January 2011 I hopped on a train and travelled sideways for two hours to Derby. When I got there I was greeted by my brother, his girlfriend, some raspberry cheesecake cupcakes and a shockingly tall doorstep.

I scaled it, confused as to how their cat ever gets in and out of the house on a daily basis...



The next day we went to Twycross Zoo. EXCITING. I fumbled around for my chalk as soon as I saw the sign below (I wanted to write 'yay! We're at the ZOO!') but I got one of those looks that says 'do you really need to start already? Wait until you're inside, at least...'

We queued, eagerly trying to eyeball anything that looked like it might be an exotic animal living on the other side... 


Hello penguins. Totally deserving of my appreciation (and everyone else's), I left this message on the wall to remind passers-by of their aceness...


I remember looking up shortly after this though and seeing my brother and his girlfriend in the distance. I think they were clearing the area to allow me space after my scolding from the Zoo Keeper...

(I was not scolded. It was worth the wait.)

No comments:

Post a Comment